Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Past memories that make me smile.

I would have to say this was my first real song into the modern day of music. Before it... all I listened to was real old oldies. (Which I still very much like) My brother of a friend sent me this song right between the 1st and 2nd Sat. General Conference sessions. (I was 13) Tim and I were on MSN chatting. Tim is a huge fan of music. He listens to just about anything. ( A large part of his musical taste is Country.)
When we chat on MSN Tim would usually send me a song to listen to- (I think it was because he wanted to listen to something more... energetic than oldies when he was with me.) Tim is the far-est thing from an oldies fan. I don't know if any body else remembers MSN chatting. It was pretty popular before everyone my age started getting cell phones and switched to texting. The way the story goes is that when Tim sent the song clip.. I was chatting with someone else.... the song started playing and I heard the organ part of the song and thought Conference was starting so I hurried and said good bye to Tim and left only to find I still had another half hour. haha 
Even though this is a song about a break up. I get all up beat when I hear it. it's the only song I can actually sing along with with. (aka the only song I've memorized all the lyrics to by just listening to it.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment